gbaney

Workflow Help

Discussion created by gbaney on Mar 19, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 by xili

Hi All,

Require a little help/inspiration...

In a nut shell I'm try to create a workflow relating to equipment loans and purchasing. The first step of the workflow is to make a decision as to whether the user selected "Permanent" or "loan" on the form. Based on the selection the workflow will then create  tasks for the team to check if there is either kit in stock for a loan (short term) or for permanent assignment based on the initial selection (Loans and perm kit are form separate pools).

Where I get stuck is how to use the exits in the tasks and continue the workflow.

If I use the "completed" exit to achieve the "in stock" flow that will work fine however if the kit is not in stock there doesn't seem to be a logical exit to the next task to go get a quote.

Without having to create multiple new exits and statuses in tasks is there a method to that can work achieving a "yes" kit is in stock so move to next stage or "no" then request quote for new equipment.

If I use the "completed" exit to achieve the "in stock" flow that will work fine however however if the kit is not in stock there doesn't seem to be a logical exit to the next task to go get a quote.

Another example shown below..if the user has indicated the correct equipment to be returned the I could use the completed exit. However if the task checks show differently to what the user has indicated in the kit return section the workflow then needs to be passed back to the submitter stating the the submitted information is incorrect. Again using cancelled or rejected is not the right approach in my mind as these are used for actual task cancellation and rejections based on other criteria.

Is there some other logic I should be following here, everything I try ends up at the same question "How to exit the task ...." and then continue building the workflow.

Apologies for the babbling.

Outcomes